Generate CSV of complete pipeline in Custom Application

Similar to this is there a way to load custom filter xml file in C++? I mean somehow use tools->manage custom filter to load the xml file? Or any other way?

vtkSMProxyDefinitionManager::LoadCustomProxyDefinitions

Thanks.
And how do we get the active surface in C++ which we select using these options:

I want to apply “ExtractSelection” Filter in C++ on the selected surface

Create an extract selection filter with the pqObjectBuilder

I have created all other filters using pqObjectBuilder::createFilter. but they all take certain inputs. I am not sure how would I get input for extract selection filter because it’s input is a selected surface.

And secondly, is there a function which also deletes a certain filter?

https://kitware.github.io/paraview-docs/latest/cxx/classpqObjectBuilder.html

Thanks, I found it

Is there a way to change the name of the filter, e.g. Extract Selection to something else

You cant rename a filter but you can create a filter with any name that only inherits from Extract Selection.

You can also change the registration name of the filter, which is what appears in the pipeline browser (eg: ExtractSelection1)

How can I do this? I mean in my C++ code

pqProxy::rename

https://kitware.github.io/paraview-docs/latest/cxx/classpqProxy.html#a7c8d086b73a5fe28f36af4e3269bb58e

1 Like

Is there a way to remove Coloring, styling, lighting etc. sections from the filters (such as calculator filter). These sections are not defined in Calculator filter’s XML file. And these sections are pretty standard and appear in pretty much every filter.

This is coming from the representation and the view. Just hide the whole representation and view panel.

You mean view menu in Paraview’s toolbar? Which is in myMainWindow.ui?
What if I need that dropdown menu? And I could not find representation menu in myMainWindow.ui

No, I mean the View Property Panel and Representation Property Panel.

Oh you mean hide it from the GUI? What if I just want to remove it from the code so it never shows up in the GUI?

You can make it not show up in the GUI but the code can’t be removed.

Perfect, thanks!

I am looking for XML file of PassArrays filter, but I think this XML file does not have it

Remoting/Application/Resources/filters_filtersgeneral.xml

1 Like