Hollow truncated cone and hollow cylinder

I want to create a> hollow truncated cone and b> hollow cylinder in PARAVIEW. Need help and support. Consider me as a new user.

Welcome to the ParaView community, @Abhik_Roy_Chaudhury.

Since you are a new user, I suggest you take a look at the ParaView Getting Started Guide, which is available by clicking on the Help menu and then selecting Getting Started with ParaView. This guide is a quick 2 pages that will explain the basics of ParaView in a few minutes. It will make my answer more clear.

You can create cones and cylinders by using the ParaView Sources. To create a cone, click the Source menu and select Geometric Shapes and then Cone. Likewise, to create a cylinder, click the Source menu and select Geometric Shapes and then Cylinder. You can play with the properties in the Properties panel to adjust the size and shape. Both Cone and Cylinder have a Capping property that you can uncheck if you want to see inside the object from the end.

When you have time, you might want to go over the ParaView tutorial (Help -> ParaView Tutorial). It contains lots of instructions for doing things like this and much more.

I want to create a hollow cylinder of inner & outer radii RI and RO respectively and height H,
Let RI = 90 mm; RO = 100 m and H = 250 mm
Also I want to create a truncated cone of
Base Radius = 5 meter
Top Radius = 2.5 meter
Height = 2 meter

I seek a support from the fraternity to create these geometric entities.

Ah. I think you are trying to do something that ParaView is not really designed for. ParaView is not designed to be a CAD/modeling program to define geometry. Rather, it is intended to analyze the results created from modeling and simulation.

Creating meshes like this will work better in a modeling program like CUBIT.

Dear Kenneth,

I found this thread in my search for an answer to my problem: to create a clipping shape, a cylinder, with finite length rather than the clipping infinite cylinder. Indeed, the sources create cylinder but this object is not really a data container, i.e., it does not clip the flow volume, does it? Thank you for reading! Best regards, Zuheyr

@Zuheyr_Alsalihi, this is not strongly related to the original topic, so would be better asked on a new post. But as a quick answer, no, the Clip filter does not support clipping by arbitrary surface meshes. There is some limited support that is discussed here: Slice/Clip with a surface. That said, in your case it might be easier to just to multiple clips: one with the infinite cylinder and one planar clip for each end.

Dear Kenneth,
Apologies for the late reply due to my inexperience here.

Thank you, I am grateful for this information. It is also new to me that I can combine multiple clips to define a clipping volume. Do I understand correctly?
Kindest regards, Zuheyr

You don’t define a combined clipping volume. Rather, you run the Clip filter multiple times and clip away pieces one at a time.