How to bundle Anaconda-installed paraview package using pyinstaller

@ben.boeckel Any idea?

Sorry, but no, I’m not familiar at all with pyinstaller at all. It seems it isn’t finding the main VTK libraries properly? Does it work with other C or C++ projects with Python bindings?

Yes, it does. pyinstaller can automatically bundle a lot of other C/C++ based dependencies like PyQt (referring to pyinstaller supported packages,) just by looking for all their sub-dependencies (perhaps not entirely automatically, but with a pre-written list of sub-dependencies). I guess it’s just because no one has tried bundling paraview with pyinstaller like this, the particular “dependency list” for paraview never existed. As a result pyinstaller might miss some vtk libs while attempting to bundle on its own.
But as I have said in the original post I tried to move the whole paraview module directory to the destination directory but still fails… Is there possibility that I may miss other paraivew’s module files, or did I move them to the wrong place?
If you’re not familiar with pyinstaller, perhaps any idea regarding the first question? (“Is there possibility that I may miss other paraivew’s module files, by only including {miniconda_root}/miniconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paraview/modules?”)
Many thanks for your attention!

I imagine in an Anaconda build, the libraries live in <prefix>/lib and the modules are in <prefix>/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages. This relative path setup is likely to need to be preserved since ParaView uses $ORIGIN/../../../lib (or similar) to ensure that the core libraries can by found from the Python module.