How to get values along a particle trajectory?

Hello,
I want to compute and get certain magnitudes (saved in my exodus file) following particles in Preview.
Could someone please help on how to do this?
I know how to follow particles, but I don’t know how to get data along its trajectory.
Thank you!

Hello,

Can you give a bit more explanation on what you want to do, with some data and/or screenshots ?

Hello,

I have an exodus file that contains pressure temperature, velocities, etc.

I need to track a particle along its trajectory and I need to obtain what is the pressure and the temperature along its trajectory. To then do a plot of the pressure and temperature along the movement of the particles.

I know how to get particle trajectories in Paraview, but I don’t know how to record data along the particle movement along its trajectory.

I know paraview con color a trajectory based on other quantity data, such as velocity etc, because in the webpage there are plots showing that.

Basically I need that data not by color scale along the path, I need it quantitatively, for instance, pressure over time, temperature over time along the particle trajectory starting from time=zero.

Is this clearer?

Thanks a lot!

Mariana

If your dataset is static : StreamTracer
If your dataset has timesteps : Particle Path or Particle Tracer.

Thanks for your reply.
My data has time steps. I know how to draw trajectories using particle path.

My question to you is:

How can I get the time varying data along a particle path?

In my case I need pressure and temperature along the particle trajectory.

Is there any way to get that particular data?

Thank you very much in advance!

If the data is present in the volume, the data should be present in the particle trajectory.

Thanks for your reply. Agree.

My question to you is:

how can I get the data along the trajectory? Is the any filter, script, etc that can display the data along the trajectory only?

For instance, a filter that display pressure over time for a particular trajectory or particle?

Thanks!

• Select the cell corresponding to the particle you are interested
  • Add an Extract Selection Filter, Apply
  • Create a new view, Line Chart View
  • Show the extract selection filter in the new view.

Hi, Thank you for your reply.
What you suggest is not what I want.
I want to track a particle along its motion. Therefore the position of that particle is not constant over time.
I know how to draw a trajectory. I want to know what certain properties saved in the exodus, vary for that particle over time.
Is this clearer?
THanks!

It is clear to me and should be done via the steps I explained.

If you provide a dataset, I can generate a state file.