How to integrate the Data files into Paraview tree structure - Linux?

ParaViewTestingData-v5.6.0.tar.gz
ParaViewData-v5.6.0.tar.gz

How/where do I integrate the contents of the above data files into the main Paraview tree structure - in Linux?

How can the contents be accessed/utilised?

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

Any ideas, perhaps?

I would like to be able to access the data and testing files, in order to stress test Paraview on my system. It is a new installation.

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

ParaViewData-v5.6.0.tar.gz contains all the testing data that can be loaded directly. You may want to remove the .sha512 extension, which has accidentally be added to all the test files. Once you do that, you should be able to load the data files into ParaView. We should remove the extension (it is a holdover from the testing data system described here).

ParaViewTestingData-v5.6.0.tar.gz is for ParaView testing during development. Feel free to ignore it. Normally, when building ParaView, test data is downloaded and added to a content store automatically. Because some builds occur where network access to the test data is not available, this file provides a snapshot of the content store one can download and put where ParaView expects the testing data to reside (this location is configurable).

Hello Cory,

Thank you very much for your help. This has pointed me in the right direction. Makes more sense now. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Desmond Aubery