How to make paraview display normal

Hi,everyone
When I open paraview, the display is normal. But when I open the model, the menu bar will disappear and all buttons in the toolbar will move up. When I click the button on the toolbar, the corresponding operation will not be executed. I had to move the mouse down to perform the desired operation. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!
blsun

Hello,

Are you using windows ?
Have you downloaded our release of ParaView ?

Man, that sounds either video driver in nature, or like a bad configuration file.

To start with fresh configuration files, just run ParaView, and then Edit/ Reset To Default Settings.

If that doesn’t work, try updating your video drivers? If that doesn’t work, post the Help/ About screen, especially the bottom where it shows graphics drivers?

yes, I am using win10 system and the Paraview is version ParaView-5.8.0-MPI-Windows-Python3.7-msvc2015-64bit which is downloaded from the official website.

I am using the version ParaView-5.8.0-MPI-Windows-Python3.7-msvc2015-64bit in win 10 system. I tried to reset to default settings in the paraview but the display still not normal. I then updated the graphics drivers, the display became worse as followinig. Then I uninstall the version 5.8.0 and tried version 5.7.0 and version 5.6.2. Fortunately, the version 5.6.2 can display normal.

Looks like the classic Intel driver bug: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues/19364

1 Like

Thank you very much. Your answer help me a lot to slove my problem. I download the recommended driver version from the intel website but unfortunately I can not install it, so I set the nvidia driver as the default graphic card and this question is sloved perfectly.