How to save .MTL when saving .OBJ

Hi,
I’m new to ParaView and I’m wondering if there is a way to export a .MTL file with an .OBJ? I have streamlines that have been generated in ParaView and I am able to save them as an .OBJ file. However, when I do that, it doesn’t save the color data in an .MTL file. Is there a way this can be done? I know I can generate “UV’s” using a texture map filter, and it is possible to import an .OBJ with .MTL, so it seems like this should be doable, but I haven’t found any way to do it. I’m trying to use the streamlines in a post processing software that takes .OBJ’s as input. It defeats the purpose if I can’t also bring the color data from ParaView as well. Appreciate any insight to this.
Thanks

Hi Phil,

In VTK, the OBJ Writer (internally used by ParaView) is able to export a texture (and the mtl file) if it is provided. Unfortunately, for now, this feature is not available in ParaView. If your dataset has UVs correctly setup as texture coordinates, they will already be saved.

Best,
Joachim

Any update on achieving this thing now? And how do I “correctly” setup UVs as texture coordinates. Moreover how to export texture so that I can use those UVs.

Open your own topic and provide more info and context please.