How to transform a model with pqPipelineSource

Hello,

I got a cube pqPipelineSource, I need to transform it now (eg: rotation), I can transform by getting vtkActor; but ParaView is very well isolated from VTK data. In response to this situation, what does ParaView recommend?

Thank you!

Filters->Transform

When Tramsform uses Rotate, which axis is rotating around it? I want the bottom of the cylinder to be the same as the plane of the model, but after the rotation, the distance becomes farther.

which axis is rotating around it?

X, Y or Z

I want the bottom of the cylinder to be the same as the plane of the model, but after the rotation, the distance becomes farther.

I do not reproduce this behavior. Please share a state file or steps to reproduce.

Sorry, I didn’t say it clearly!

Let me talk about what I am doing! Add a stl model, then pick a coordinate point on the model, save the normal vector in the cell where the coordinate point is located, add a Cylinder to the coordinate point, I need to make the direction of the bottom surface of the Cylinder the same as the normal vector. The above work is implemented in C++ code.

Question: How do I use the code to adjust the direction of the bottom of the cylinder to be the same as the normal vector?