How to use Resample To Image in parallel?

Hello,

I’ve just noticed a curious behaviuor and after thinking about it I believe it is intended, but I wanted to verify it and ask how to deal with it.

I had a subset of unstructured mesh resampled to image for an external analysis. In serial the procedure worked fine, but when run in parallel I noticed there are additional points and replotting the file in an external toolkit was showing an offset.

After investigating it more closely, I realised that the points originating from Resample to Image filter are broken up into different processors and the additional points are presumably the repetitions so e.g for 2 processes and 100x100 image the structured coordinate 50 is 0 in the next processor.

But if I use Save Data on the filter I lose Process ID and structured coordinate. My questions:

• Is it possible to recover the serial behaviour whilst working in parallel e.g. 100x100x1 should return 10k points rather than 11k?
  • If not, how to reconstruct the image correctly when using Save Data?

I am ob obviously doing this for a large number of time step so need to automate. Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

Please let me clarify my question with an example. On 2 processors and 100x100 image this is the behaviour I am seeing:

• structured coordinate run from 0,50 on processor 0 and 0,49 on processor 1,
  • they are arranged by processor i.e. all processor 0 points are first and then processor 1,
  • within each processor they are assembled by i coordinate, so you have this:
#i, j, other variables...
0, 0 ...
1, 0
50, 0
0, 1
49, 50
50, 50
0, 0  #<- processor 1 starts here
1, 0
49, 49

I find this a bit surprising. Mainly the appearance of an additional 100 points. Will they appear for every inter processor boundary? Is there a resample image filter which would stitch the image?

I am attaching a screenshot of the client below

Sounds like ghost points. ghost points are indeed expected.