I cant save animation of my simulation

I can not save an animation of my simulation. I am using ParaView 5.4.1 64 bit on Ubuntu with an NVIDIA GT430 graphics card: I get the following warnings and errors:

Generic Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/Rendering/Volume/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx, line 680

vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D::vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D was deprecated for VTK 7.0 and will be removed in a future version.

Generic Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/Rendering/VolumeOpenGL/vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx, line 57

vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D::vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D was deprecated for VTK 7.0 and will be removed in a future version.

Generic Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/Rendering/Volume/vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx, line 680

vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D::vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D was deprecated for VTK 7.0 and will be removed in a future version.

Generic Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/Rendering/VolumeOpenGL/vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx, line 57

vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D::vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D was deprecated for VTK 7.0 and will be removed in a future version.

Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/ParaViewCore/Animation/vtkSMSaveAnimationProxy.cxx, line 166

vtkSMSaveAnimationProxy (0x563b87a3b010): The requested resolution '(998, 519)' has been changed to '(996, 516)' to match format specification.

Generic Warning: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/IO/FFMPEG/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx, line 449

Problem encoding frame.

ERROR: In /build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/IO/FFMPEG/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx, line 620

vtkFFMPEGWriter (0x563b86f7d2e0): Error storing image.

Do not use the avi writer in ParaView. It produce low quality high size frames.
I would recommend using the png writer to save your animation and then use ffmpeg to create your video.

Hi! I am trying to save my animation too and realized the same problem. The quality is not that great.

Could you further explain how one can use the png writer to export vtu files into png files?

Thanks!

ParaView 5.9 and 5.8 should now produce directly good quality avi.

In any case, here is how to generate avi from png:

Thank you it worked!