Icon size

Hi!

Is there any way to increase the size of the selection icons at the top of the view? They are very small!

Thank you,

Marina

Not yet. This would be quite simple to implement if you are a C++ developper and are wanting to contribute.

Thank you for answering my question.

Sorry for not being able to contribute with the software. I’m just a user of it.

Marina

Here is the bug that keeps slipping. We know about it, it just hasn’t risen to the top of the stack.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17343

Alan

Let’s wait then!

Thank you,

Marina

I would also very much welcome this! The icons are nearly indistinguishable and still extremely relevant for most post-processing operations from GUI side! Any update on this 6 months later? Thank you

The selection icon size has been increased in ParaView 5.8.0-RC1, coming out a bit later today on www.paraview.org/download

Hello Cory

Just downloaded Paraview 5.8.0-RC1 … the icons are not significantly larger. Barely better. Why are you reluctant giving them a proper and perfectly recognizable size ?

Thank you

Could you share a screenshot ?

Sure

@mwestphal Also the interactive select points isn’t working in the new ParaView i.e 5.8

Works perfectly here, and unrelated to the topic. Open your own topic.

It looks like you have a nice, large display! While that is becoming more common, there are still many smaller displays in ParaView’s user base. We need to leave some space for visualization, hence the desire to minimize icon size.

We are moving icons from PNGs to SVGs, so at some stage we may be able to provide a setting to increase font size, much like we provide a setting to control the font size in the UI. But as with all things, that takes time. Thanks for your patience.

sure, it’s too small.

Client Information:
Version: 5.11.2
VTK Version: 9.2.20220823
Qt Version: 5.15.12
vtkIdType size: 64bits
Embedded Python: On
Python Library Path: /usr/lib/python3.11
Python Library Version: 3.11.8 (main, Feb 12 2024, 14:50:05) [GCC 13.2.1 20230801]
Python Numpy Support: On
Python Numpy Path: /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/numpy
Python Numpy Version: 1.26.4
Python Matplotlib Support: On
Python Matplotlib Path: /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/matplotlib
Python Matplotlib Version: 3.8.2
Python Testing: Off
MPI Enabled: On
Disable Registry: Off
Test Directory: 
Data Directory: 
SMP Backend: TBB
SMP Max Number of Threads: 12
OpenGL Vendor: AMD
OpenGL Version: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 24.0.2-manjaro1.1
OpenGL Renderer: AMD Radeon Graphics (radeonsi, renoir, LLVM 16.0.6, DRM 3.54, 6.6.19-1-MANJARO)
Accelerated filters overrides available: No

Connection Information:
Remote Connection: No

Please use the binary release from https://paraview.org/download