Is the Simulation Done by Fugaku Supercomputer using Paraview?

I want to know,
is it true based on my observation that ParaView is used by Fugaku to simulate this:

if yes, is there any other softwares/packages needed to create simulation like those above?

Thanks.

Not to simulate but it is used to post process and visualize the simulation results.

if yes, is there any other softwares/packages needed to create simulation like those above?

Not sure how your question relate to ParaView.

1 Like

I guess the associated paper is this one : Quantifying the COVID19 infection risk due to droplet/aerosol inhalation - PMC

And it looks like they used an in-house code for droplet simulation, and of course ParaView for post-processing.

1 Like

You could use OpenFOAM (the best open-source CFD software) to perform such simulations (and postprocess them using ParaView): Sneezing Simulation based on the Sars-Cov-2 Situation in 2020 ∇ OpenFOAM® - YouTube

There are some research papers about the use of OpenFOAM in cases like that too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointer @FEngineer !

If I understand correctly, it uses Discrete Particle Modelling with DPMFoam to simulate droplet?

Maybe some SPH solver like DualSPHysics would also work.

Yes and there’s also sprayFoam, by the way.

Some quite impressive use cases related to Covid: OpenFOAM Coronavirus response

This one also seems to be powerful but apparently meant mainly for free surface flow.

Thanks for the paper, I am downloading it now.

@FEngineer thanks so much for pointing OpenFOAM.

I thought OpenFOAM can only be used for buoyantReactantFoam or fire simulation.

No, it has many solvers and can handle almost all CFD problems like aerodynamics, internal flow, moving geometry, flow with heat transfer, particle-laden flow, flow through porous regions, multiphase flow and so on. It’s really powerful tool.