Issue Running Animations in VR

I usually start steamVR first then run my exe. It runs on your computer and displays on your headset.

I tried starting my Oculus and opening the Virtual Desktop app to connect to my computer. Then, I clicked launch steamVR and tried to open the exe. However, I still got the same error as before where it says the exe has stopped working.

Post your code and I’ll take a look

You might also try adding VTK::RenderingOpenGL2 to the list of autoinits at line 43 of your cmakelists. (just a guess though)

And you will need to copy release*.json into your install directory, should be 4 files that setup controller bindings. But that should not cause the app to exit.

I tried adding VTK::RenderingOpenGL2 to line 43, but still got the same error. I’ve attached my code below.
CMakeLists.txt (1.2 KB)
ReadAllPolyDataTypesDemo.cxx (10.9 KB)

Here is an example that should do what you want. (I tested it locally and it works fine for me) It creates 60 cones with different resolutions and colors and animates them at 5fps in VR. Give it a shot first and make sure it works for you then you can start editing it to load the data you want.
ReadAllPolyDataTypesDemo.cxx (3.6 KB)

Thank you, I tested your code and was able to get it working in VR. I will now try to modify it to display my data.

I was able to edit the code to work with my data, and could see the animation running in VR. I guess now I just need to set up the controller bindings. How do I do that?

You can use event observers on the interactor to add custom controls or use the steam VR controller settings GUI (built into steam) binding to adjust the defaults.

Thank you, I was able to get the movements working.