Issue with mpich in ParaView 5.11.0-RC1

Hello,

I have been testing paraview 5.11.0-RC1 under linux, building it with the superbuild.
I have found that when building it with the internal MPI mpich version that while mpich is built correctly,
it is not properly installed.

Here is what is installed in bin and lib by the superbuild

installation_path/5.11.0-RC1_osmesa> ls bin/mpi*
bin/mpiexec

installation_path/5.11.0-RC1_osmesa> ls lib/libmpi*
lib/libmpichcxx.so lib/libmpicxx.so lib/libmpicxx.so.12.1.11 lib/libmpi.so.12
lib/libmpich.so lib/libmpicxx.so.12 lib/libmpi.so lib/libmpi.so.12.1.11

while here is what was built and should be installed in bin and lib by the superbuild

build_path/Build_5.11.0-RC1_osmesa/install> ls bin/mpi*
bin/mpic++ bin/mpicc bin/mpichversion bin/mpicxx bin/mpiexec bin/mpiexec.hydra bin/mpif77 bin/mpif90 bin/mpifort bin/mpirun bin/mpivars

build_path/Build_5.11.0-RC1_osmesa/install> ls lib/libmpi*
lib/libmpichcxx.so lib/libmpicxx.la lib/libmpicxx.so.12.1.11 lib/libmpifort.so.12 lib/libmpi.so
lib/libmpichf90.so lib/libmpicxx.so lib/libmpifort.la lib/libmpifort.so.12.1.11 lib/libmpi.so.12
lib/libmpich.so lib/libmpicxx.so.12 lib/libmpifort.so lib/libmpi.la lib/libmpi.so.12.1.11

Thanks,

Joe Hennessey

@ben.boeckel I’m guessing we filter out everything but mpiexec on purpose.

Cory,

Looking over past versions or ParaView, it seems that this filtering is also the case, where other pieces have been filtered out by the install script.

Sorry, for not noticing before posting this. This seems to be the desired installation behavior for ParaView, as it does not use the other parts of mpich.

Thanks,

Joe Hennessey

Thanks, Joe! We always appreciate your feedback on new releases! I hope this one doesn’t cause much trouble.

Well, the compiler wrappers don’t make much sense. mpirun and mpivars might be useful though?