Jetson Nano : Ubuntu 18.04 EGL ARM64

Hi,

I just go access the Picocluster 5H Jetson Nano, a cluster of 5 Jetson Nano.

It runs Ubuntu 18.04 ARM64

The Paraview version that comes with Ubuntu 18.04 is 5.4.1

The application works but it warns about changes in VTK 7 in regards to some OpenGL calls.

However, one of the reason in getting the Picocluster was to leverage the GPUs via pserver.

The nodes on the cluster are named PC[0-4], I am using PC0 as the head/login/interactive node

I am running (for a test initially) pserver on PC1

I have verified that ssh and remote X display works.

When I attempt to connect paraview running on PC0 to a pserver running on PC1, the connection is made successfully.

However, when I try to load a dataset e.g. headsq.vti, the remote rendering fails to kick in. Those same OpenGL warnings seems to be sufficient to prevent remote rendering (but local rendering is fine)

I am hoping to run (either manually, via MPI or SLURM) pvserver on PC[1-4] and display on PC0

I have tried the above steps on Ubuntu 18.04 running on Intel/ARM64 whereby I am able to simply download the latest Paraview e.g. 5.8 or 5.9

I have build Paraview via superbuild but since my Jetson Nano is limited in terms of memory and storage, I am hoping to find out if there are folks out that who builds Paraview on Jetson/ARM64 and have something I can download?

Failing which, for those familiar with building Paraview on ARM64 or Jetson Nano, is there any advice they’d like to share before I jump via superbuild ?

Cheers

X forwarding is not supported by ParaView.

Those same OpenGL warnings seems to be sufficient to prevent remote rendering (but local rendering is fine)

You pvserver does not have access to a good OpenGL implementation. This is unrelated to the superbuild. Make sure that you are able to run glxinfo on the server and that it provides the correct information.