Lost variables from FDS to ParaView

Hi everyone,

I have two problems (I hope simple, as I am inexperienced).
I am trying to get graphical output on Paraview, first uploading a .xyz file and then through Plot3D file (.q extension).

1. Geometry is read but not displayed correctly;
  2. The variables under study written in .fds are not completely shown in “functions” and are not ordered (for example, the quantity “visibility” is missing).

Thanks to anyone who wants to answer me.

I report the attached files.

EB

round-room_s1_0001_00000002_05.q (2.0 MB) round-room_s1_0001_00000001_02.q (2.0 MB)
round-room_s1.fds (27.2 KB) round-room_s1_0001.xyz (1.6 MB)

When I simply load the XYZ file, I get this:

As soon as I choose function file, round-room_s1.fds, I get this error message:

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Kitware/ParaView3/ParaView/VTK/IO/Parallel/vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader.cxx, line 3167

vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader (0x7f5db00088b0): Geometry and data dimensions do not match. Data file may be corrupt.

ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Kitware/ParaView3/ParaView/VTK/IO/Parallel/vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader.cxx, line 2368

vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader (0x7f5db00088b0): Error reading file /tmp/round-room_s1_0001.xyz

Are you sure this is the correct function file?

Thank you for the answer.

That’s not the function file but my native file, from which I generated .q files (with FDS).
I load the .xyz file and the .q files and what comes out are not all the variables.

What is puzzling, is that .xyz file standard uses physical quantities in a given order, which is not FDS one. For instance, the first quantity should be “density” whereas it is temperature with standard FDS output.

I don’t understand how to generate on Paraview all the variables i want and in order.