Make successful but not make install

Hi,

I was trying to build Paraview-5.7 for my Cray XC40 with Nvidia IndeX plugin support. I was able to successfully make it from superbuild and run Paraview in install/bin/pvserver after fixing a linking issue on libcuda.so.1
using
ln -f -s /opt/cray/nvidia/default/lib64/libcuda.so $SCRATCH/paraview-build-new-indeX/install/lib/libcuda.so.1
And I get successful Accepting connections message on issing pvserver and was able to load IndeX plugin.

However if I give make install to collect the dependencies and put it in the install directory, I get the following error. Any help with this matter would be extremely useful.

Failed to install pvNVIDIAIndeX.so:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/lustre/phy3/phyvijitk/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.unix.py", line 714, in <module>
      main(sys.argv[1:])
    File "/mnt/lustre/phy3/phyvijitk/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.unix.py", line 697, in main
      manifest = json.load(fin)
    File "/opt/python/3.6.5.7/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 299, in load
      parse_constant=parse_constant, object_pairs_hook=object_pairs_hook, **kw)
    File "/opt/python/3.6.5.7/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
      return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "/opt/python/3.6.5.7/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
      obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "/opt/python/3.6.5.7/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
      raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None

json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:128: install] Error 1
CMake Error at superbuild/cmake_install.cmake:61 (message):
  Failed to install the paraviewsdk/TGZ package.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:42 (include)

make: *** [Makefile:94: install] Error 1