making Catalyst Examples with python3.7.3

in an attempt to build the Catalyst examples, I run into the following problem (using a most recent git clone of the dev branch):

[ 1%] Building CXX object CFullExample/CMakeFiles/CFullExampleAdaptor.dir/FEAdaptor.cxx.o
[ 2%] Linking CXX static library libCFullExampleAdaptor.a
[ 2%] Built target CFullExampleAdaptor
Scanning dependencies of target CFullExample
[ 4%] Building C object CFullExample/CMakeFiles/CFullExample.dir/FEDataStructures.c.o
[ 5%] Building C object CFullExample/CMakeFiles/CFullExample.dir/FEDriver.c.o
[ 6%] Linking CXX executable CFullExample
/usr/bin/ld: /local/apps/ParaView/ParaViewBuild/lib/libvtkWrappingPythonCore-pv5.6.so.1: undefined reference to PyUnicode_InternFromString' /usr/bin/ld: /local/apps/ParaView/ParaViewBuild/lib/libvtkPVServerManagerCore-pv5.6.so.1: undefined reference toPyLong_FromLong’
/usr/bin/ld: /local/apps/ParaView/ParaViewBuild/lib/libvtkWrappingPythonCore-pv5.6.so.1: undefined reference to `PyExc_KeyError’

and a whole list of errors…Seems like I have seen this before. Is this the same problem which prevents me from turrning PARAVIEW_BUILD_TESTING to ON. It fails to link some tests.

I can’t find any message saying Python3 support is on;y partially implemented in the upcoming release.

J

Thanks. Please open an issue for this, tagged 5.7.

We are actively working on tidying up loose ends in Python 3 support. Our plan is to release binaries and do deployments for both Py2 and Py3 in 5.7, and then drop Python 2 support in either the following or subsequent release.