Median filter crashing with .vti images

Hi,

I’m updating a pipeline in Python where I take 3D images and save them as .vti images to visualize in Paraview. Previously, I saved them using the Pyevtk library, now I have switched to Pyvista. For some unknown reason now if I try to use the Median filter Paraview crashes without warning. Are there any known incompatibilities with files coming from Pyvista?

Just looking at the Data information in Paraview they look exactly the same to me. laao_004 is the new file which leads crashes Paraview and and paf_91258 is from the old pipeline.

Kind regards,
Xabier

please share your data.

I have attached a timestep for each of the examples
paf_91258_00.zip (3.7 MB)
laao_004_000.zip (3.5 MB)

No crash with either files using ParaView-5.11.1-MPI-Linux-Python3.9-x86_64 binary release

I just read and saved the laao_004 data again using Pyevtk, and now the filter doesn’t crash. I assume it is a Pyvista issue. I was using the ParaView-5.11.0-Windows-Python3.9-msvc2017-AMD64.msi release, but I’m going to try the 5.11.1 version just in case.

ParaView-5.11.1-MPI-Windows-Python3.9-msvc2017-AMD64.msi crashes the same way. I don’t mind continuing to use Pyevtk for now, but I just wanted to mention the bug in case other people also find the same issue.