Missing plugin Topology Toolkit in Paraview 5.10.1

As described above, I can not find the topology toolkit in my paraview installation when I go to Tools → Manage plugins… the topology toolkit is not among them. Below is an image with the plugins that I do have available.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this or what I am missing. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Where did you get your ParaView version ?

TTK is still in the binaries from https://www.paraview.org/download/

I am running the arch linux package version 5.10.1-5, which I suppose is built from source. Does this mean the source does not include topology toolkit, or would this be unique to the arch package? If so, would there be any way for me to add it manually or am I in the wrong place to ask that? Sadly there are no binaries available for Arch(based) systems.

The ParaView package in archlinux does not include ttk plugin

Does this mean the source does not include topology toolkit,

Yes and No. The TTK plugin is build by the paraview-superbuild, which is not used by the archlinux paraview package. It is not part of the paraview sources proper.

If so, would there be any way for me to add it manually

The archlinux paraview package support plugins to be built against it, so you can build the TTK plugin against your own paraview: GitHub - topology-tool-kit/ttk: TTK - Topological Data Analysis and Visualization - Source Code

I’m not sure of the right options, but maybe @Charles_Gueunet can help.

Sadly there are no binaries available for Arch(based) systems.

There is ! Just download the .tar.gz from here:
https://www.paraview.org/download/

Thank you very much, this helps a lot! I will mark this as solved as soon as I get one of these solutions working.

Unfortunately both the .tar.gz for 5.10.1 and 5.10.0 complain that they are missing the shared libary libcrypt.so.1 when I run the executable /bin/paraview. Is there any way I could fix that?

I will keep trying to build ttk against paraview for now.

libcrypt-compat is missing on your system :slight_smile:

This finally got it working, thank you so much for all the help!

1 Like