Mobile clips filter in Paraview

Hello All,

Hope you’re doing well.

I am contacting you to know if there is a way to get mobile clips filter. I have a specific emulsion that I want to follow along the channel in order to compute certain parameters (Sherwood number, …).
Is it feasible ? Or do I need to do it time step by time step moving the clips by hand ?

Thanks for the help and time,

Sincerely,
Santhosh

Hi @Santhosh_Virappane ,

Here’s a related tip I posted a while back. You can modify fairly easily to move a slice plane:

Hello Cory,

Thanks a lot for the detailed tip! It is very helpful.

Sincerely,
Santhosh

Hello Cory,

I’m dealing with a more complex scenario now. I have a flow of emulsions where distinguishing one from another isn’t feasible. I’ve applied a box clip filter to isolate one specific emulsion for study. However, I’m uncertain about how to make the filter move along with this particular emulsion.

I attempted to set the dataset source as the entire flow of emulsions (which seems to be the only way to advance the clip along my focused emulsion in the whole channel). The issue arises because it doesn’t capture the center of the emulsion I’m interested in; rather, it captures the center of the entire domain, which happens to be located far from where I need it to be.

Is there a method to synchronize the clip filter’s movement with the velocity of the emulsion? Or perhaps to program the filter by selecting the entire geometry but fixing the bounds at the time step corresponding to the bounds and center of the specific emulsion I’m interested in, to start from the right center point ?

Thanks again fro the time and help!
Sincerely,
Santhosh