Multiple Probe locations

Hi there!
I am attempting to take data from various simulations performed on Simscale and use the probe feature in ParaView to obtain strain values at 5 strain sites, 72 points each.

I have a list of all of the coordinates I wish to sample from but want to automate this process as there are over 1000 coordinates. I am not familiar with coding and I have no idea where to start, any help or advice on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
Mimi

Python scripting would be the way to go.

https://kitware.github.io/paraview-docs/latest/python/

If you want to avoid programming, your 1000 points could be stored in a comma-separated value (.csv) file, with x-component in one column, y-component in another, and z-component in another. You can then import that CSV file into ParaView, then apply the Table to Points filter to convert these points into a dataset. Add a Resample With Dataset filter to your Simscale data, and set the “Destination Mesh” to the “Table to Points” filter. The result will be the probed values at all the locations defined in the CSV file.

Thank you for the linkg but I’m trying every possible way not to use code as I don’t know the first thing about it.

Thanks Cory! Fingers crossed this works for me :slight_smile: