Need help with Scalar Distribution of Water Contamination on ParaView

Hi,
I am working towards validating a Simscale-ParaView project:
https://www.simscale.com/projects/Ali_Arafat/water_purification_process/
You can scroll down a bit in the link mentioned above for the explanation.

I have obtained the results until the velocity streamlines on ParaView, however I’m not able to get the scalar distribution of water contamination as done on ParaView in the project mentioned above despite much efforts. I would be grateful if you could help me out with the same.

Attached herewith is the expected output of the Scalar Distribution of Water Contamination to be obtained on ParaView.

Hello,

The image appears to be using the Surface LIC plugin. In order to use Surface LIC, you need to load the plugin before loading the data.
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Line_Integral_Convolution

Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply and the reference link, I have loaded the Surface LIC plugin on Local Plugins, but am unable able to load it on remote plugins, is it necessary to load it on both? I am unable to find Advanced Properties option as well.

This what I have obtained, but I am not sure if this is the scalar distribution of water contamination on a different color scale. Could you please clarify regarding the same?

Hello,

If you are not in client/server mode, you can only need to load the Surface LIC plugin locally.
And you may need to click the gear icon to show the Advanced Properties option.

The image may be colored with the “SeedIds” variable, but isn’t there a “scalar” variable?

Hi,
Thank you for the gear icon clarification, I have loaded the Surface LIC plugin locally. I don’t have a “scalar” variable but there is a passive scalar value of 0.7 which has been considered on Simscale before importing this file to ParaView. I am attaching an image to give you an overview as to the list of variables available to check through. Kindly let me know what can be done further to attain the scalar distribution. Thank you!

Hello,

I don’t know the details, but the ”scalar" variable seems to be converted from the value of T1 using the Calculator filter.

https://www.simscale.com/projects/Ricardopg/passive_scalar_tests/

Hi @Kenichiro-Yoshimi ,
Thank you for redirecting me to the forum, I went through these projects over the past few days and have requested for help on the forum link, however I haven’t been able to receive a reply yet. I am not able to work out a formula for T1 scalar to be input into the calculator in ParaView despite trying a lot as this seems to be a very specific case. In the project link mentioned above, it takes into account the parameters such as air density which is quite different from my project. Any ideas as to how I can go about this? I am trying to validate this project for my Undergraduate project, so any help at the earliest would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Hello,

What happens if you simply convert the range of T1 values [T1_min, T1_max] to [0, 0.7] in the Calculator filter?

0.7*(T1-T1_min)/(T1_max-T1_min)

Or you could specify the following in Expression in the Python Calculator:

0.7*(T1-min(T1))/(max(T1)-min(T1))

Hi @Kenichiro-Yoshimi ,
This is how T1 scalar look upon selection and I entered the formula in the calculator on the left but there was no visible difference in the T1 scalar. Am I missing out on something?

model.

Hello,

Have you tried the Python Calculator?
Anyway, if the calculation results are wrong, there is nothing that ParaView can do.