NETCDF Annotate Time Issue

Hi,
I am working with a 4D (x,y,z,t) Netcdf file (winds from a reanalysis). I like to make an animation of the 3D wind field in time. Paraview reads the time as hours since 1900. I like to annotate time in the animation as Month and Year rather than hours since 1900. I have tried all kind of possibilities using" Annotate Time Filter" and also using the “NETCDFTimeAnnotation” plug-in. Using the latter one, I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 22, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 28, in RequestData
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'hasCftime' referenced before assignment
Need the python cftime (or the older netcdftime) module for the NetCDFTimeAnnotation plugin!
Failed to evaluate expression '"On %02i.%02i.%02i at %02i:%02i" % (Date[0], Date[1], Date[2], Date[3], Date[4])'. The following exception stack should provide additional developer specific information. This typically implies a malformed expression. Verify that the expression is valid.

Variables in current scope are ['input', 'time_value', 't_value', 'time_steps', 't_steps', 'time_range', 't_range', 'time_index', 't_index', 'time_units', 'time_calendar', 'u_units', 'v_units', 'w_units', 'RawDate'] 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/ParaView-5.10.1.app/Contents/Python/paraview/detail/annotation.py", line 95, in execute
    result = calculator.compute(inputs, expression, ns=ns)
  File "/Applications/ParaView-5.10.1.app/Contents/Python/paraview/detail/calculator.py", line 146, in compute
    retVal = eval(subEx, globals(), mylocals)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'Date' is not defined

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

@mwestphal NETCDFTimeAnnotation plugin issue

Hi @GPoveda

Please share your data.

Best,

It does not go through. There is a limit of 4 MB and my file is 9.4MB.
Many thanks in advance.
Germán

Hi @GPoveda

Please use a service like wetransfer to share your data.

Best,

Hi Mathiew, many thanks. I’ve sent you over the data and the state file.
Thank you very much for your kind help,
Germán

Works here (ParaView 5.11):

Did you use “Annotate Time Filter” along with “NETCDF Time Annotation”? I still get an error using ParaView 5.11.0

No, I only add a "NETCDF Time Annotation” on the glyph.

glyphs_fechas_kw.pvsm (1.4 MB)

Thanks for your help. Now, how can I overlay the 3D topography on the bottom plane?