New Starter Help Please

(Michael Crossley) #1

I’m brand new to ParaView and had great response from the software that allowed me to understand and present my FreeCAD CFD observations. I’m now needing a little more complication and after following a number of your tutorials particularly Tutorial 54 and your Guide 5.6.0 I’m left with a confusion. So, a little help please.

I have generated many single parameter plots but now want to add a second parameter to the right-hand Y axis. I can do this and it is removed from the left hand axis. Tutorial 54 does this but the scales are fine. My problem is that I cannot find anywhere on the properties bar to set the scales of the right-hand axis. Only left axis title and range.

I know it’s me but please save me some time and offer some direction.

Thank you!!

(Utkarsh Ayachit) #2

Try hitting the gear icon next to the search bar on the Properties panel. That should expose all the parameters available.

ref: https://blog.kitware.com/effectively-using-the-properties-panel-in-paraview/

(Michael Crossley) #3

Thank you very much, it’s taken me ages to pluck up the courage to trouble you. I’m now up and running!!!

(Michael Crossley) #4

Your help was very valuable, and I’ve made great progress now I have a greater understand of Paraview.

However, I am having a regular problem when re-entering a case. It works fine for several days and then suddenly all I can obtain is the attached error message. It seems to have lost access to my CFD case. Am I doing something wrong? All I seem to be able to do is rerun my CFD model and start again. Is it suggesting I have lost my FreeCAD CFD model data?

Thanks again in anticipation.