Opening large vts files

Hello,
I am using Paraview 5.8.1 on Ubuntu, and I am trying to read .vts files which contains results of a simulation.

When I try to open them like I usually do, I get the following error message:

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview_release-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx, line 654
vtkXMLDataParser (0x6fe3f70): Error reading uncompressed binary data header.  Read 0 of 4 bytes.

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview_release-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLStructuredDataReader.cxx, line 345
vtkXMLStructuredGridReader (0x6fcc210): Error reading extent 1 6000 1 5334 1 1 from piece 0

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview_release-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLDataParser.cxx, line 654
vtkXMLDataParser (0x6fe3f70): Error reading uncompressed binary data header.  Read 0 of 4 bytes.

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview_release-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLStructuredDataReader.cxx, line 345
vtkXMLStructuredGridReader (0x6fcc210): Error reading extent 1 6000 1 5334 1 1 from piece 0

I was told from a collegue that this is because Paraview can’t open vts files larger than around 2.2GB. Is there any workaround for this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Not an issue afaik.

Please share your dataset or ideally a smaller dataset with the same issue.

The issue arises only for large files, so I’m unable to recreate the issue with a small dataset.

I uploaded the compressed dataset on wetransfer because it’s still 600MB.

Please let me know if there was a better way to share it.

I’m able to reproduce your issue with this specific file. How do you generate it ?

I’m using a CFD program, in Fortran 90.

Could you generate in ASCII mode instead of binary mode ?

We need to know if the issue is within VTK or within your mesh generation code.

2 posts were split to a new topic: problem reading manually wrote XML files