Paraview 5.11.0 on Raspberry Bullseye - OpenGL Version: 2.1 Mesa 23.2.1-1~bpo12+rpt3

Hello, I attempt to run ParaView 5.11.0 on Raspberry Bullseye but there seem to be a compatibility problem regarding the OpenGL:
The Error Message
Your OpenGL drivers don’t support
required OpenGL features for basic rendering.
Application cannot continue. Please exit and use an older version.
CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
OpenGL Vendor: Broadcom
OpenGL Version: 2.1 Mesa 23.2.1-1~bpo12+rpt3
OpenGL Renderer: VC4 V3D 2.1
Could anyone assist on how I should resolve this issue?
Regards

The graphics driver does not provide a version of OpenGL that ParaView needs to render. You need at least OpenGL 3.2, but your driver provides only 2.1.

You can try to run ParaView with software rendering using its version of mesa:

paraview --mesa --backend llvmpipe

It will run slower without any graphics acceleration.

No Luck, the problem persists.
The ParaView I installed by
sudo apt-get install paraview
should I had chosen another method?
critical: In ./Qt/ApplicationComponents/pqCommandLineOptionsBehavior.cxx, line 207
critical: Cannot open data file " “llvmpipe” "
ERROR: In vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 718
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x55a358b1c0): Unable to find a valid OpenGL 3.2 or later implementation. Please update your video card driver to the latest version. If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 11.2 or later and make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2 such as llvmpipe or openswr. If you are on windows and using Microsoft remote desktop note that it only supports OpenGL 3.2 with nvidia quadro cards. You can use other remoting software such as nomachine to avoid this issue.
etc.

I don’t know how they package ParaView in apt.

You can download and untar the linux installer from www.paraview.org/download. That will have the arguments.

Oh, and I probably should have written

paraview --mesa --backend=llvmpipe

Unless I’m missing something, I do not think we distribute ParaView binaries for Linux ARM.

Indeed we do not. I didn’t think to check the chip architecture of Rasperry Bullseye when responding.

1 Like