ParaView 5.7 RC1 run time warning

I downloaded and tried out the ParaView 5.7 RC1 candidate on a RHEL 7.6 machine and am seeing a couple of issues:

• With paraview, pvserver and pvpython (I didn’t try pvbatch but assume I’d get the same behavior) I’m getting the following run-time warning: bin/pvpython: /home/acbauer/Code/ParaView/ParaView-5.7.0-RC1-MPI-Linux-64bit/bin/../lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/acbauer/Code/ParaView/ParaView-5.7.0-RC1-MPI-Linux-64bit/bin/../lib/libvtkxdmfcore-pv5.7.so.1)
  • For pvpython the readline module isn’t available. Not sure if this is a system issue or an installer issue though.

A separate question – I don’t see the ADIOS2 writer available with the installer version even though I have the MPI installer version. Was that an oversight or intentional?

Thanks,
Andy

This will be addressed in RC2 (nightlies should be free of this warning).

readline

Was it available before? I don’t think we ever provided it.

ADIOS2

ADIOS2 is being added to VTK right now AFAIK. @Haocheng_Liu?

AFAIK, there is no plan to add an adios2 writer into VTK. What I have is a 95% finished generic ADIOS2 image reader which can read bp files and use them to populate an vtk image data in MPI. I need to set up testing infrastructures fist before merging them. @ben.boeckel Can we still add features in a release cycle?
vtk MR and PV MR are here.

Meanwhile, FYI William F GoDoy from ADIOS2 developer team has opened a vtkADIOS2XMLReader MR. I don’t know about its status.

Just checked and readline wasn’t in 5.6.0 or 5.6.1. As for ADIOS2, I was looking at https://adios2.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ecosystem/visualization.html and that’s why I was wondering. I guess I just assumed that there would be a writer but it looks like I guessed wrong.

Humm, I just took a quick look on the code, it still needs some polishments and real data test to get absorbed into VTK then ParaView. Maybe you can ask the author for his workable VTK and ParaView branch first?