Paraview Catalyst on Windows

Hi,
I installed the ParaView executable (ParaView-5.13.0-MPI-Windows-Python3.10-msvc2017-AMD64.msi) on Windows. To set the path to the CATALYST_IMPLEMENTATION_PATHS I set it to the catalyst.dll located at “Paraview 5.13.0/bin”. However I still get an error during catalyst_initialize.

Does windows support ParaView catalyst and is this the correct catalyst implementation path.

You need to use the path to catalyst-paraview.dll and the like, not catalyst.dll itself (that path belongs in PATH). Though…this seems to be bin based on this MR. What error are you getting?

Thank you for your response. We cannot find the file catalyst-paraview.dll in the installation directory after installing the executable from the ParaView download page. Are we not looking in the right place or does the official ParaView Windows build not come with ParaView Catalyst?

That MR is fairly recent… @Lucas_Givord?

yes I add these missing dlls really recently, you need to download a nightly build on paraview.org

If you encounter any issue with that, let me know

2 Likes

@gsabhishek I was able to run the CxxFullExample with ParaView after adding the catalyst-paraview.dll, make sure to use the same python version between catallyst and paraview

1 Like

Thanks, The latest nightly build worked for me