paraview error on wls ubuntu 22.04

I am using windows 11 with wsl ubunu22.04 and installed paraview with aptitude install paraview… but when I run paraview the following is the behaviour and paraview doesn’t start

(   1.161s) [paraview        ]vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.c:499    ERR| vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x55a9b0b58150): Unable to find a valid OpenGL 3.2 or later implementation. Please update your video card driver to the latest version. If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 11.2 or later and make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2 such as llvmpipe or openswr. If you are on windows and using Microsoft remote desktop note that it only supports OpenGL 3.2 with nvidia quadro cards. You can use other remoting software such as nomachine to avoid this issue.
(   2.050s) [paraview        ]vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.c:499    ERR| vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x55a9b24f5150): Unable to find a valid OpenGL 3.2 or later implementation. Please update your video card driver to the latest version. If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 11.2 or later and make sure your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2 such as llvmpipe or openswr. If you are on windows and using Microsoft remote desktop note that it only supports OpenGL 3.2 with nvidia quadro cards. You can use other remoting software such as nomachine to avoid this issue.

Loguru caught a signal: SIGSEGV
Stack trace:
0       0x7f760142d520 /usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x42520) [0x7f760142d520]
(   2.337s) [paraview        ]                       :0     FATL| Signal: SIGSEGV

[1]+  Segmentation fault      paraview

ParaView does not support wsl afaik. Install the Windows version: https://www.paraview.org/download/

It would be great to allow ParaView to run in WSL, if it is possible, especially for developers. You would need to figure out how to let WSL use your graphics card to provide the necessary OpenGL support, as the error says. Last time I looked many months ago, it wasn’t supported yet, but they were working on it. If you figure anything out, please let us know!

I genuinely interested to understand what usecase WSL resolve for developpers in the context of ParaView.

Easy! Debugging a Linux failure when your primary dev environment is Windows.

Dual boot is a must for any cross platform application developpers and virtual machines also answers this needs.

As one can see, WSL is special usecase, supporting it would require testing it. Not sure this is worth it.