Paraview in python: ModuleNotFoundError

I am sure this is a trivial question (I am a beginner in paraview): I am importing paraview.simple from the anaconda python interpreter (OS: Ubuntu 22.04). As per the comments written in paraview/__init__.py, I understand why vtkRemotingCore is not found. However, the alternative _paraview_modules_static is also not found. I tried to search for a file by this name in the paraview directory, but I couldn’t find anything. Please help.

import sys
sys.path.append('/home/user/appimages/ParaView/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paraview')
sys.path.append('/home/user/appimages/ParaView/bin')
from paraview.simple import *
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/user/appimages/ParaView/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paraview/__init__.py", line 260, in <module>
    from .modules import vtkRemotingCore

ImportError: Failed to load vtkRemotingCore: No module named paraview.modules.vtkRemotingClientServerStream

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/tmp/ipykernel_7002/665248585.py", line 4, in <module>
    from paraview.simple import *

File "/home/user/appimages/ParaView/lib/python3.9/site-packages/paraview/__init__.py", line 262, in <module>
    import _paraview_modules_static

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_paraview_modules_static'

_paraview_modules_static is for static builds. I think the issue is that your first path needs to lose the /paraview suffix.

I still get the same error. Any other ideas that could fix the problem?

ImportError: Failed to load vtkRemotingCore: No module named paraview.modules.vtkRemotingClientServerStream

I see this thread for that issue: Import issues for vtkRemotingCore