Paraview Installation problem

Hi,

Couldnt find an answer to this one anywhere. I installed Paraview 5.6.0 on windows 7 and when I run it the screen is just black. When I click where the menu should be it does activate drop downs and mouse-over hints appear.

Sounds like a windows problem? Any ideas how to resolve?

Many thanks,

Martin

What kind of graphics card is on your system? Is there anything unusual about your setup?

And running along the lines of where Cory is going, try updating your graphics drivers to the latest/ greatest? Sometimes default graphics drivers are actually ancient with regards to OpenGL.

Thanks both. Your response is much appreciated as Paraview looks very good for the CFD processing I would like to do. My details are;

My specs (from windows) are Dell Latitude E7450, Intel i7-5600U 2.6GHz, 8Gb RAM, 64 bit Windows 7.

I beleive the graphics are integral to the CPU. There certainly isnt a dedicated graphics card (its a work laptop).

Let me know any other information that would help let me know and many thanks for your response. I will check out the drivers but I think they are up to date.

All the best,

Martin

Ok I looked into this more and ParaView 4.4.0 works fine. Its all version of 5 that seem to have this issue.

Many thanks!

Martin

Looks definitelly like an OpenGL issue, since we switched OpenGL requirement between 4.4 and 5.0.0.