[Paraview] Is it possible to extract the coordinate of every points on a single streamline and do that for every single streamline?

Hi. I plotted thousands of streamlines in Paraview as is shown in the following figure.

Now I need to know the coordinate of every points on every single streamline. If I plot spreadsheet directly, all I can get is the coordinate of all unordered points. Is it possible to extract the coordinate of all points of a streamline and then do that for every single streamline, just like the following figure which I selected manually which is impossible to operate when we have thousands of streamlines.

Xinyu Li

One note, I think you would want points on the streamline not on the tube.

You could save the points on one streamline, ordered by IntegrationTime, change this pipeline into a script using Tools > StartTrace, and then add a loop to do the same for all streamlines.

I don’t know if you can do this for all streamlines directly from the interface (without a script).

See the attached pvsm.

streamline_points.pvsm (426 KB)

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your reply! I just start to learn how to use paraview, so please forgive me if I ask any stupid questions. When I use File->Load Stat-> Use file names from stateto open the attached pvsm file, the paraview would flash back, so I cannot open the attachment. About the first step you said, could you please tell me how to save the points on one streamline ordered by Integration Time? By the way, the data that I care about is the coordinate of every single streamline at the last integration time.
Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Xinyu Li

You have to “Choose File Names” instead of “Use File Names From State”. the disk_out_ref is in the examples directory in the directory where ParaView is installed.

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your help and I’m so sorry for bothering you again. I’m doing my final project, so it’s quite urgent for me to solve this. The following figure shows my current stage. What should I do next?

Cheers,
Xinyu