ParaView saves only small portion of data when saving data in a time step loop

Dear all,

I am using a Python script to save the data as .xmf file for every time step using a for-loop shown in line 476 to 489.
pv-reduce.py (63.4 KB)
The Python script was used instead of the option “Write all time steps” under save data because using this option caused ParaView to crash after a few time steps.

So now, using the Python script for-loop, the issue is that it is not saving the full data but only a small portion of data of each time step. I tried implementing time.sleep(x) to make Python wait for Paraview for x number of seconds but it still did not work.

How can I save data of all time steps without causing ParaView to crash? My machine is equipped with 8 core CPU and 32gb of RAM with rtx3060 max-q. Could this be a bottleneck for such an operation?

Looks like you are running out of memory.

So now, using the Python script for-loop, the issue is that it is not saving the full data but only a small portion of data of each time step.

please share an image of the issue

By memory do you mean RAM memory or storage memory?

paraview_savedata

So here, you can see that the actual file size of a single time step is supposed to be around 170 MB. However, when I run the Python script that I attached in the original post, it gives a consistent file size of 74.5 MB which is way smaller than it should be.

So to me, it seems like Python has a fixed duration that stays on the ‘save data’ line of code and it is not waiting for Paraview to fully save data before moving onto the next.

I mean RAM