ParaView Server Manager framework

Recently I have been investigating ParaView’s infrastructure via its source code, and becoming familiar with the way ParaView builds its menu as well as other GUI components. For customization, I learnt how to add toolbar at Plugin_HowTo#Adding a toolbar, which involves ParaView Server Manager Framework.

ParaView runs in client-server mode and has various managers, it seems most part of ParaView revolves around Server Manager(SM), proxy, model(e.g. an item in source menu is a element in configuration XML file). Even with source code I have no idea what proxy represents through source code, is it a single unit in a session?

I think I need to understand this for high-level customization so I hope for more information about ServerManager framework. Thanks.

It’s unclear what you plan to do, please clarify it.

Sorry for that. I’m planning to reproduce what ParaView does with customized GUI components. After binding ParaView Reactions to my File->open QAction and reading files, I find nothing to be displayed in my render view.
Here is how I created my view(I copy this from an ParaView example):

Each VTK objects on the server that needs to be controlled by the client have a corresponding Proxy client side.

I find nothing to be displayed in my render view.

Define “nothing”.

I’m planning to reproduce what ParaView does with customized GUI components.

Interesting to see.

ParaView is not a customized GUI?

It is, but not in a full extent.

One can instead use ParaView framework to create Custom ParaView applications.

Thanks for reply, my render view remains unchanged after I select file from Open File dialog:

but I am able to save the data then.
I guess I omitted something necessary. I’m referring to MultiServerClient example.

You need to execute the pipeline and show you data, the same way as using ParaView.

(maybe you use using the Auto-Apply mode in ParaView, where this would be automatic)

1 Like