Paraview Software Crashes Without Warning on Versions 5.8.0 and 5.12.0

Hello Paraview Developers,

Unfortunately, I’ve encountered a sudden issue with my Paraview software. It was working fine yesterday, but today I’m experiencing difficulties. I have already tried restarting my computer, as well as adjusting the screen resolution and reinstalling the software, but the problem persists. Could you please advise me on where to find the relevant log files? I’m eager to understand what went wrong and how to resolve it.

The specific issue manifests as follows: upon opening the software, it appears as shown in the attached image. After a few seconds, it automatically flashes and closes without any warning. There’s a dialog window titled “outMessage,” but it’s blank with no useful information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I have resolved the problem by switching my computer, a Lenovo device, to dedicated graphics mode and restarting (previously set to intelligent mode).

It appears that the issue may have been related to insufficient GPU processing power when operating in intelligent mode. Since making this adjustment, the software is now functioning normally without any unexpected crashes.

Thanks for following up, and I’m glad it is working again!