ParaView to Unreal Engine 5

Hallo everyone,

I am very new to ParaView. I want to know if there is a possibilities to do something like this,https://youtu.be/XVLTTO4tAIY?feature=shared

Instead of using NVDIA, I want to use Unreal Engine. I tried to search about it, but it seems there is no clear explanation for it. Or probably I still need Omniverse just to export it to Unreal Engine?

Thank you, I am looking forward for your reply.

I’m not entirely clear what you want to do, but ParaView itself doesn’t offer any direct connection to Unreal Engine like this other than letting you export scenes to Alembic, glTF, and other scene formats that maybe your Unreal Engine-based application can import. Or, you can try to use Omniverse.

Thank you for your fast response. I am trying to get the CFD simulation visualized in Unreal Engine. Not sure what is a good steps on this. I can give it a try exporting scenes to spesific formats that Unreal Engine support.

Hi Cory,

I managed to get the vertex color data using GLTF file. But the normals are flipped. I am wondering if there is any commands to flip the normals? And also is it possible to get the surface LlC data extracted? Thank you for the help.

Not a command, but you could add a Calculator filter and set the expression to -Normals and the Result Array Name to “Normals”. With the Calculator filter selected in the Pipeline Browser, you may then need to set the advanced display property Normal Array to the “Normals” array created by the calculator.

This is all generated on the GPU, so to my knowledge there is no way to export it.