Particles as glyphs

Hello everyone

I have collected the data of particles’ positions and their diameters in a .csv file. Later, I read them into Paraview 5.8.0 using TableToPoints filter, select the Keep all Data arrays option and choose X, Y, Z column options as the particles’ positions. After clipping them to a certain domain, I attempt to plot these particles as glyphs with Sphere being the Glyph type. In the Scale option, I select the particles’ diameters as the Scale array and choose a suitable Scale factor as the particles are too small to be visible.

By default, the Masking option shows the following parameters:
Glyph mode : Uniform spatial distribution (bounds based)
Maximum number of sample points : 5000
Seed : 10339

My main concern is that when I change the maximum number of sample points to say 1000 or 100000, the particle glyphs appearing in the screen appear/disappear accordingly. In my opinion, this must not happen because the number of particles is fixed (input via the .csv file). So, I wanted to know if I am missing something or I need to adopt an alternative procedure to visualize the particles in Paraview.

Paraview screen below (the white points are particles as glyphs) :

Zoomed below :

For reference, the paraview state and .csv files are available in this link

Thanks
Sthavishtha

Instead of using the Glyph filter, I’d recommend simply use the “Point Gaussian” representation type for the “Clip1” filter. That’ll give you a cleaner (and faster) result.

Perfect, that works. How do I control the color of these particles - I want all of them to be white? In the case of default background, they look like that (screenshots below). However, when I change it to print background, the particles turn black. Any suggestions? Changing the solid color option in the clip has no effect.

Default background :

Print background :

Solid color is indeed the way to change the color of these. It seems to work for me as expected.

Thanks, it works now. Not sure what I was doing wrong before :slight_smile: