I have a dataset in hd5 format from my simulation with Pflotran.
I’d like to know if it is possible to extract the data as a function of time in a specific point of the model domain.
I saw that there is a filter to do this for other data formats.
ForceTime filter ?
If you can read your data in ParaView, you can process it as any other format.
yes I can definitely open the file, but I tried to use the same routine as in this tutorial, but I cannot get a result. Any suggestion?
Plot point over time
- Edit → Reset Session.
- Open can.exo. Turn on all data. Apply .
- Drag the can around with the left mouse button until you can see the can.
- We want to plot a point over time. First, we need to select a point.
- Click on Select Points On icon. Then, click on a point on the can.
Filters→Data Analysis→Plot Point Over Time . Apply.
Display tab, unselect everything other than DISPL (Magnitude)
- You now have a plot of the displacement. at your point.
- Extra Credit – Using Select Cells On icon, and the Plot Cell Over Time , plot EQPS over time.
Plot over time should work.
Could you share your data ?
here is one of the files:
Thank you for your help,
Plot data over time works with your dataset:
Sounds great, how did you get that?
I couldn’t make it with that procedure
Thanks a lot,
Valentina Romano, PhD
Earth Sciences Department
Sapienza University of Rome