pivot arrow to the midpoint

Hi,
I am wondering whether anybody knows how to pivot the mid point of the glyph vector to the grid point? I am plotting a nematic director (no head/tail, and thus a line) whose mid point should coincide with the grid point. A demonstration in 2D done in matlab is available here. Can the arrows of a quiver plot rotate around their mid point? - MATLAB Answers - MATLAB Central

I could make a vtk file with corresponding coordinates, but I would have thought that paraview should already have options to do this manipulation. Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks,
sumesh

In the Glyph filter:

• Glyph Type: 2D Glyph
  • Glyph Type: Dash

the middle point of the glyph will be the nodal point of the mesh, which is the desired outcome. If the first component of the Center option is set to 0.5, the starting point of the glyph will align with the nodal point of the mesh.

Dear Kyoshimi,

Perfect!. This is what exactly I was looking for. Thanks very much.

sumesh

I’m facing a similar problem, trying to put the arrows with their heads on the nodes. However, I cannot find the options for “Glyph Source” that you proposed in my Properties window. There’s only one Glyph Type selectable and no Center option.

I’m using Paraview 5.12.1 for Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS.

What system and Paraview version are you using?
Or any other idea how I can realize this?

That may be in the advanced settings.

1 Like