When you Open/Save data, ParaView only read/write the data, not the way it has to be represented.
You know that the 3 component vector on your data is actually RGB, but ParaView doesn’t know that, as it could be a velocity vector or a YUV color.
So ParaView uses its default color map representation to represent it.
When you save/load state, paraview save/load the entire state of the application, which includes how the data is represented.
Here is a working workflow for you :
Do only once :
- Create your test.ply with some tools (unity?)
- Open your test.ply in ParaView, Apply
- Uncheck the “Map Scalars” checkbox
- File -> SaveState -> myState.pvsm
- Close ParaView
Then always do :
- Create a test2.ply with some tools (unity?)
- Open ParaView
- File -> LoadState -> myState.pvsm
- Select your test2.ply in the state window, click OK
This is one solution to your problem, they are other, more complex in terms of setup but more easy in terms of usage.