Point Sprite plug-in

Hi
I want to add Point Sprite plug-in in my Paraview version 5. How can I do that?

Try point gaussian in the representation list. As I recall the features of that plugin transitioned there with the opengl upgrade a couple of years ago.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reply.
I am using the point Gaussian now but when I have 2 types of particles (3mm, 5mm) I can not represent actual size for both types.

Best regards

Behrooz Jadidi

Perhaps threshold into two objects and control size independently.
hth

Sorry, I did not understand your solution. How should I threshold into two objects?
I have a .vtk file with information of my particles (3mm, 5mm) as their position, velocity and forces. When I open the file with Paraview, it shows me one file that I can adjust the Gaussian diameter. I can not choose two different diameter in that option.

Filters -> Threshold
use this one to extract a copy of the data with all of the 5 mm particles removed
tune display settings as you like to size the 3mm particles appropriately
Select on the reader in the pipeline browser
Filters -> Threshold again
use this one to extract a copy of the data with all of the 3 mm particles removed
tune display settings as you like to size the 5mm particles appropriately

hth

Thank you so much that solved my problem and now I can see the particles in their exact shape and size.
But, now in the output box, it shows “No points to mask” in red color several times. Do you know the reason for that? Is this an error?

That one is new to me. I suggest starting a new thread or a bug report on gitlab if you can narrow it down to something compact and reproducible.