Problem with Paraview heavy file

Hi. I have a problem with some .vtk files. The things is that my vtk files have information regarding height. Then if the vtk is smaller than 200,000 KB the visualization is fine, I can see all the volume while if the vtk file is larger it only displays right the information until a point.

Find attached two examples, one with a really big vtk file and the other with a vtk file of 300,000KB. The data is displayed correctly until the same point.

Does anyone have the solution for this?

Thanks a lot community :slight_smile:

please share your data.

Hi @Lola_Martin_Alonso

It looks like that in the upper part of your dataset, the height_in_um field for those points has value of 0. Could you please check this information using the spreadsheet view? Or with an interactive selection?

As @mwestphal suggest, it would be easier if you could share your dataset.

Best,

François

I have uploaded the data in wetransfer:

I have checked the spreadsheet values and it seems that there are some nan values for height_in_um but the same number from the beginning and the end of the points, that they could be the bottom and upper part that I have without data.

Could it be?

Thanks for you help @mwestphal @Francois_Mazen

Thanks for sharing the data, could you please also share your pvsm state file to reproduce the faulty rendering?

Of course, here it is the pvsm state.

Thanks for your time, @Francois_Mazen

01_TPMS_1_Crop_state.pvsm (216.0 KB)

Looks like an issue in your data, all point values are -0.301593 for the upper part. You may need to check the code that generated the data.

By the way, I would recommend to generate a polydata instead of a unstructured grid without cells. If not possible, you can convert in ParaView using the ConvertToPointCloud filter like in the screenshot above.

I hope this helps.

Best,

François