Problem with streamline animation

Hi everyone.
I’m a new user of Paraview.
I created a CFD simulation with the SimVascular (www.simvascular.org) software.
Now I have imported my project *.vtu in Paraview but I just can not understand how to get an animation like this:

My project is complex as it is a venous system with two “inlet” faces. From these two inlet faces start two flows simultaneously that descend towards the venous tree downstream.

So I did the following steps:
1 - Imported the .vtu project;
2 - I have activated the “StreamLineRepresentation” plugin;
2 - With the “slice” command I cut the model in correspondence of the two inlet faces;
3 - With the command “StreamTrace With Custom Source” I created two flows, each for an inlet face;

Now I would like to see an animation just like the one shown above but I can not see it.

What i see now is this:

Why green streamlines (blue contour) are going out of model (red contour)?

My setting are these:

How can i save a fluid animation of these movements?
Can you help me understand better streamline and animation functions?
Thank you very much.
Luca

You should use the StreamLines representation, not the StreamTracer.

See this blog post :

Hi Mathieu and thank you for your reply.

I’ve used StreamLines representation plugin: i’ve activated it and then i swtiched representation from “Outline” to “Sream Lines”.

My problem is that my stream lines flow is out of the boundary of my 3D model (mesh). You can see it in this image:

In red you can see boundary of my 3D mesh model. In blue you can see the flow of green streamlines.

Why? I’ve changed all parameters but the streamlines are very rarefied, not compact and go out of the boundaries.

Have you suggestions for me? I want to see a compact flow like as YouTube video that i’ve posted on forum.

Thank you again

Luca

Dr. Luca Borro

3D Biomedical Modeling & Printing

Unità di Innovazione e Percorsi Clinici

Piazza di Sant’Onofrio, 4 – Roma

Tel.: +39.328.30.93.519

E-Mail: luca.borro@opbg.net

Can you share (a version of) your dataset ?

Unfortunately i can share these data because are reserved (anatomical data of particular clinical case).

But I’ll try with another general case and i’ll send it you!

Thank you

Dr. Luca Borro

3D Biomedical Modeling & Printing

Unità di Innovazione e Percorsi Clinici

Piazza di Sant’Onofrio, 4 – Roma

Tel.: +39.328.30.93.519

E-Mail: luca.borro@opbg.net