pvpython macOS no rendering

Dear,

I wish to batch process using pvpython but in my system (MacOS, 13' MBP, ParaView 5.9.1) no rendering window pops up when I try to reproduce the sphere example. I believe this might be due to the issue already mentioned here: macOS: pvbatch/pvpython raise PYTHONHOME errors. If that is the case, is there any workaround for the moment (until the bug is fixed)?

I doubt it has anything to do with the PYTHONHOME errors. If you’re see no other errors and you’re using pvpython (and not pvbatch) most likely the window has popped up behind your active windows. Try using Expose to locate the window.

Hi Utkarsh,

thanks for your response. I’m afraid I don’t understand what you meant by Expose. I use the App Exposé offered by MacOS Show or move all open windows, and I’m sure there are no windows popping up. I am providing what I did:

$ ./pvpython
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 3.8.8 (default, May 17 2021, 13:00:49)
[Clang 11.0.3 (clang-1103.0.32.62)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from paraview.simple import *
>>> Sphere()
<paraview.servermanager.Sphere object at 0x10e523730>
>>> Show()
<paraview.servermanager.GeometryRepresentation object at 0x1180b4cd0>
>>> Render()
<paraview.servermanager.RenderView object at 0x1180b4dc0>
>>>

Looks like MacOS is not returning any window, but why?!! :thinking:

With regards to “Expose”, I’m pretty sure Utkarsh means What is Expose? - Switch To A Mac Guides. On my Mac, using a generic keyboard, the magic commands are CTRL-UpArrow. On my MacBook, use four fingers, and slide up.

1 Like

Okay, I am sure it’s not an hidden window issue. No windows is popping up at all. Anyone isn’t using pvpython in a Mac, having such issue?