PVPython Seg Fault when creting RenderView

Greetings, all.

I am working with OpenFOAM for CFD simulations and using Paraview for post-processing and saving data from the simulation.
This time I am running a bunch of simulations and using pvpython to save data. I have already done this before successfully, but this time the script is not working. I found the error when calling functions that render views, like Show() or CreateOrRenderView() it show me on the prompt:

Stack dump:
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

When I try to run CreateView(‘Camera’) it throws:

ERROR: In /home/ubuntu/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-dev/ParaView-5.6.0/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx, line 522
vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0x55bfefe0e720): No proxy that matches: group=views and proxy=Camera were found.

I’m relatively new to Paraview, just need to save the data of the last time step programmatically, and to ensure this before I have used the GetActiveView() associated with DATA_SOURCE.TimeStepValues[-1], and for the fields I’ve used PROXY.PointDataArrays = [‘field1’, …].

I am using Paraview5.6 in Linux Mint, A log of the pvpython --cslog is attached.
Any help is welcome.

Ilog.file (43.7 KB)

CreateView(‘Camera’) is not correct. You can use CreateView("RenderView") or CreateRenderView() instead.

@utkarsh.ayachit

I tried both commands and still get the segmentation fault error.
I posted the CreateView('Camera') to see if it has some useful information.

Using the trace in the desktop application of paraview I saw the FindOrCreateView, and it seems to be working, but not in the pvpython.

I tried to reinstall the paraview, but it not worked either.

Maybe a problem related to some installation issue in OS. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Please provide precise steps to reproduce your issue.

Dear Mathieu,

I’ve installled OpenFOAM6 according to its website instructions, and along with it the Paraview5.6 version. I’m using Linux Mint 19.2 (Tara)

The PVPython script worked before. But I’m not sure what have happened to break the installation.

The error can be reproduce as I try to input the command CreateRenderView() in PVPython or use a script with it in PVBatch.

This version of ParaView is built by OpenFOAM, so the issue may come from there.

Please download our binary release (ideally 5.8) and test with it first :
https://www.paraview.org/download/