Query on using paraview.simple.VortexCores

Hello,

Could someone please tell me 1) what the inputs should be, and 2) How the parameter arguments are passed for the vortex cores function shown below:

paraview.simple. VortexCores (*input , **params )

Also, is this found as a filter or plugin in the Paraview GUI itself ? if so could someone please direct me to the location.

Thank you,
VCN.

There is a filter in ParaView named Vortex Cores. All filters in ParaView have a corresponding Python function of the same name.

It sounds like you are jumping into the ParaView scripting very fast. I would recommend playing with the ParaView GUI first and trying the Start Trace / Stop Trace to demonstrate how to use these functions in the Python bindings.

Thank you for responding so quickly! I am using Paraview 5.6 (for reasons) and the reason why I went into the trying python scripting is because the Vortex Cores filter doesn’t show up in my filters list.

Any insights on what could be causing the omission ? Is there a plugin that I have to load before it shows up in the filters list ? or Should I upgrade to the laster version ?

Thank you,
VCN.

The Vortex Cores filter was not added until ParaView 5.8, as I recall. Maybe 5.7.

1 Like

Thank you so much! That pretty much answers my question. I had an inkling that it might just be feature not included in 5.6 but was hesitant to upgrade; Apologies for asking a trivial question.

VCN.