I want to develop a software based on paraview.
I tried to understand mechanism of paraview and read code of paraview. It is so complex that I cannot get the key yet.
I think the key design of paraview is SMProxy/SIProxy mechanism.
I also found a topic about this but it didn’t tell much.
- From class name, I could tell that SMProxy is on client-side while SIProxy is on server-side, is this right?
- from the topic, sometimes, SIProxy is both on client and server side, when will this happen? an example is helpful
- Both SI-xxx and SM-xxx have property classes, (for example SIStringVectorProperty and SMStringVectorProperty) what is the difference? won’t this cause double usage of memory?
- what is the different of ServerClientStreamInterpreter and vtkSMessage ? Is that the first send message (serialized) and the second is the serialized data to be sent?
- If there is a c/s paraview, I want to load data, where data file will be put ? client-side or server-side disk ?
- Sometimes, data maybe huge, if all data is store in SMProxy, won’t this be a huge cost? for example, a mesh with million triangles?
Could any one give me some hints? or is there a document to explain this?