Render Geotiff meshs

Hi! I’m just getting into Paraview. I’m an Hydraulic Civil Engineer and usually work modeling hydrogeological scenarios. I have a raster-grid with values (Geotif file worked to open in Paraview). This info is also Georeferenced:

• I opened the geotiff in preview.
  • Paraview recognize the coordinates correctly
  • Paraview recognize the value in each cell correctly (Elevation value) and can show it in a map of colors. Here a picture:

I would like to see this values either as a surface or as a volume (where the top is the surface value). I read some topics that talk about Warp By Scalar or Vector, but when I try to use it from the Filter Menu, it shows not selectable (inactive).

Also I tried a less resolution grid and still does not work

Please any help. Thanks!

HI @Felipe_MTR

To use the warp by scalar you should apply the “Cell Data to Point Data” filter first.

1 Like

Thanks that worked! here is the same plane now with a Z dimension added.
Captura de Pantalla 2023-11-27 a la(s) 16.11.58

How I could add volume below that surface? Tried to put “Volume” on the Representation tab

Captura de Pantalla 2023-11-27 a la(s) 16.17.14

but got this error:

Maybe there is another way? I´m trying to get volume below each cell in the grid as something like this or similar; So I than can do “volume clips” across a section of the volume. Here an example of what im trying

Captura de Pantalla 2023-11-27 a la(s) 16.14.11

Thanks!

Hi,

not sure that it will match your expectation, but I would try to apply “Extract Surface” filter, then apply “Linear Extrusion” or “Linear Cell Extrusion”. It should create a volume below your surface.

Best,

Hi Thanks!

it’s a big improvement. But when i do a clip within the “volume”, its like an empty box. I used “Linear Extrusion” because “Linear Cell Extrusion” is deactivated maybe that’s the reason. Can´t make it activated

Captura de Pantalla 2023-12-05 a la(s) 14.10.35
Captura de Pantalla 2023-12-05 a la(s) 14.10.21

Thanks for your help. And please any suggestions con how to add volume within.