Running Catalyst CFullExample in the ParaView UI

How does one show the Catalyst example (specifically, CFullExample) in ParaView through the UI? CTest works:
Start 5: CFullExampleTest
5/2787 Test #5: CFullExampleTest … Passed 1.04 sec

I’d assume you just do Catalyst–>Connect, hit ok, then launch the CFullExample like this:

./bin/CFullExample …/Examples/Catalyst/CFullExample/SampleScripts/feslicescript.py

Then the ParaView client clearly connects to the Catalyst server and loads the pipeline, but then I get this error before anything is applied:

ERROR: In /home/knolla/work/ParaView-weatherinabox/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 808
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x555558a03920): Could not receive tag. 1

ERROR: In /home/knolla/work/ParaView-weatherinabox/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager.cxx, line 297
vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (0x555555c2dcd0): Some error in socket processing.

I wonder if the issue I’m seeing is not with CFullExample itself, but rather with how I’m loading it in the ParaView UI.

Note: any Catalyst example that runs through the ParaView UI will be fine for my purposes; it doesn’t have to be CFullExample.

Thanks for any help,

Aaron Knoll
NVIDIA

Aaron,

Looks like the driver is simply terminating because it’s finished. Looking at the CFullExample test code, it looks like it does really trivial work for 100 timesteps that go by fast! Try increasing the number of timesteps and adding a sleep after each timestep to slow things down a little.

Thank you Utkarsh – I’ll try that out! That would explain it.
Any recommendations how to get something on the screen out of CFullExample?

-Aaron

I am afraid the example doesn’t take any command line arguments to slow the looping down. The easiest thing would be edit the code to increase the loop and add sleep after each iterator for some duration.

Hi there, I encountered the same problem as you. how do you figure it out ?